Saturday, April 30, 2011

Another gift

Alma  the name is pronounced AL-mah. It is of Latin, Italian, Hebrew and Arabic origin,
the meaning of Alma is "nourishing, kind; soul; young woman; learned". Also the name of a river in the Crimea where the famous 19th-century Battle of Alma was fought. "Alma mater" is the term for a college or university, meaning "fostering mother".


This is also the name of my Grandmother. I was surprised to find her name is the perfect name for a Grandma. I did not know my granma well. She raised me till age 4. But I do know she loved me very much.


I would like for you to really look at the painting I did and just imagine giving your self the love of a nurturing, loving grandma. Feel the tingle of warmth from a healing hug. Her dress is made of fuzzy warm cotton balls. She feels like your favorite teddy bear or warm soft blanket. I myself can feel the energy of this love. Being a Grandma my self. There is no deeper love, or kindness that can be transferred. The thought of being loved by grams is so healing. It is something I never felt for my self till now. I know what it is like to give this nurturing kindness to the grand kids. I also know the joy of play. You do things with the grand kids that you would have never thought of doing with your own. Mostly because you have already been there and done that. And no longer have the fear or worries you had with your own kids. You have the wisdom to share what is really important in life. But just to imagine receiving that love your self is so powerful it is hard to explain. You have to just imagine and hug your self. 
I am very proud of the results of my cards. If you feel any of them speak to you more than the one I made for you. Please feel free to take a copy for your own personal use. 


I really feel every one should have a copy of this one. 
But I made this especially for Amelia.

1 comment:

  1. I have just seen this now and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Most of all for being bothered to do it as you don't know me at all yet you did this anyway.
    I have just got home from a week with my son and his family and totally understand about doing things with them that we wouldn't do with our own kids.
    Thank you..

    ReplyDelete