Monday, January 17, 2011

Analyzing perfection

Do you ever wonder why we can not be happy with things just the way they are ?
Perfection"1" definition is  "the highest or most nearly perfect degree of a quality or trait." in this example perfect is still not complete. 
I drew this eye today, and it is a fact. This is the best one, I have ever drawn in my life. But I was not happy with the eye lashes. I erased them and tried again. This was a mistake the first ones were better, So I tried a 3rd time. Again the original ones were better. So I quit at this. I realized when I wore mascara at times the eye lashes would bunch together and never be perfect.

Then taking a photo of this drawing I took 6 shots to get the one I liked and a 2nd one that is not quit right as an example for this post.

The point I am getting to is this is a life lesion for me today. I should have just been thankful for the results even with the flaws. As I went over board trying to fix some thing that was not broke.

I finished the drawing digitally.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for leaving lovely comments on my Take a Word 'Butterflies' piece. You asked how I got the translucent effect on the background - first layer is a swirly design I think the real term is 'fractal' in the digital world! Then I applied gradients played til I got the right effects then the 'tree' layer was next with the ''vivid light' filter applied. All this is done in Photoshop Elements 6. Hope this is helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant 'eye' sketches, too!

    ReplyDelete